Wednesday, April 04, 2007

My first race

Chris and I ran our first 5K race on Saturday and had a blast. It was the GVI Spring Fling and Barbecue Thing. My goal was to run the whole time and I did! So, okay my time was 33:44, but I finished. It was really hard! About 3/4 through the race I saw Chris' cousin and her 2 year old daughter and then a sign that said "Sydney's Place" so those two things definately helped me get through it. Did I mention I had Chris as my chearleader? He was great. Him and his brother, Chad, decided to run kinda as a competition. Well, Chris ended up staying back with me and I'm so glad he did!



Here's me and Meghan before the race. She is definately my inspiration. She talked me into doing it. She also helped me train. She pushed me when I was ready to quit. Thanks girl for everything! You are great!
Meghan, me, and JesseAnn -she kicked our tails at 24:38! Yes-my face it still bright red!
Chad, Ben, and the kids (Ben was there for moral support)
They had a really good band and Sydney and Anna had a blast dancing!
Also, Collin and Joshua had fun playing in the rocks!

Me attempting to get the kids to cooperate.

Thanks to Beverly for watching the kids while we ran. It was great to have them at the finish line!

I look forward to the next race!


6 comments:

Ashley said...

I see you got some of those big sunglasses! Way to go on the race. I've never been brave enough to do something like that!

heidi said...

once again i am so proud and impressed. i hope to join you on the next one.
ps-the sunglasses are HOT! you look like a movie star!

Anonymous said...

Caroline I am so proud of you!! And you have the sweetest husband!! I am so happy to see you and JesseAnn and Meaghan together doing this. I know it takes much training. This is church bulletin board material!! You Go Girls!

Meghan said...

I'm so proud of you, you did awesome! Keep up the good work.

nbarnes2 said...

wow!! i've now talked to two people who did a run like that who had had babies in the past year. i'm not even close to being there but it gives me inspiration!! you're awesome.

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome!