Tuesday, July 07, 2009

enjoying summer

Jackson and Emma both have summer birthday's so my friend, Christy, has their birthday parties together. This year it was at the Fun Factory.
Jackson turned 3.


Emma turned 6.


Jackson's cake (his grandma always maked their cakes and they are amazing)



Emma's super cute cake


For my birthday weekend (YES THE BIG 3-0) we went to Huntsville to hang out with the Messervy's. Chris had to cut grass at the church's camp site and it is not too far from their house-so we tagged along for the weekend. We arrived on Friday night and Kim and I went out to dinner by ourselves which was fabulous. Sat. we just hung out and let the kids play in the sprinkler and baby pool. That afternoon we went to the outdoor mall and ate dinner and rode over to Kristen's new house. That night Kim and I went for a run together. Sunday we went to church and then headed home. I love hanging out with them. The best part was my AMAZING birthday presents. I once mentioned to Kim that my other friend Kim had a really pretty vanity skirt that I liked and asked her what she thought about them. That was several months ago, well SHE MADE ME ONE and it is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I will post a picture when I post all about my redecorating. I cried when I opened the box because I was so surprised that she remembered that conversation and that she took the time to makeme one. She also got me a SUPER cute black and white dress and even added some extra fabric on the bottom so it would not be too short! SHE IS AMAZING! Thank you Kim for a great weekend and a great birthday!
John Evan was so tired!

Kate



Our welcome sign that Madison made for us!
All the kids


Sydney pooped after playing outside

Our cakes that Kim made for us-did I mention that she is amazing?

I really did have a great birthday. I hung out with Tammy and her kids at the park and she treated us to lunch at my favorite-Firehouse Subs. Thank you Tammy-you are the best! Mary brought me a great cake and a cupcake stand that I have been wanting. Valoree gave me a fabulous purse. Ashley bought me some candy and adorable earrings from Hawaii. Momma got me a super cute elephant bracelet. My MIL got me several shirts and some great new cookware. Christy made me a cute candle with my initials on it. Heidi Ho surprised me by mailing me a great pair of running shorts! Yvette brought me flowers and candy. My SMIL gave me a GC to Tera Lane and my FIL $25.00. Am I missing something? Probably! Thank you to everyone for making my day so special! I can't belive I am 30 years old!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those cakes are amazing! Glad you had a good b'day!
Valoree