Tuesday, July 07, 2009

trip to South Carolina

Brianna and Sydney

We took a trip to South Carolina to see family and attend my cousin, Christen's, highschool graduation. We arrived Monday afternoon to Emily and Brian's house where we are supper with them and their children and my aunt Jeanie. Tuesday everyone had to work so we went to the outlet mall and rode around trying to catch any relatives at home. We rode by Grandma Jones's house and it was so wierd to see the house after they have both passed away. It makes me really sad. I have so many memories from that house. My cousin and his wife live there and they are fixing it up-it looked really nice. That afternoon we visited with Christen and her family and ate dinner with them. Then off to graduation. It was outside at the highschool stadium. It didn't start until 8pm so we left after her name was called. Wed. morning we headed home. It was a great little trip.


Emily's mother started a little business where they do tea-party birthday parties and stuff like that. Emily took Sydney and I to see it. The little girls get to dress up and sit in the throne....


and walk down the run-way....


her daddy even built the CINDERELLA CARRIAGE! It was amazing! He did it all by hand with NO model to follow. Isn't it beautiful?














My cousins Luke and Ben



Christen and I


She is such a sweet girl and I am so proud of her!







John Evan and AJ




Thank you to the Bolin's for hosting our stay and to the Jones's for visiting with us!

BTW-we were in Gaffney, SC and that is where the serial killer was that went on the week. SCARY! One of the killings happened 1/2 mile from my uncle's house and the ones at the furniture store were friends of Christen's. Really sad. I am so glad they stopped him!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

No WAY!!! I saw SC and I thought, gosh, wasn't SC in the news recently for something...CRAZY!!! I am sooooo glad that he won't be harming anyone else on this earth...

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big Luke and Ben are! Christen looks so pretty and grown up!
Valore

Anonymous said...

So glad you got to go. All the Jones kids are so grown up. Sydney looks right at home in the princess garb. Emily's Dad did a great job on the carriage.
Give those blonde babies a kiss for me.
Love...MOM

Anonymous said...

Hello. My name is Heather and I live in Gaffney, SC. Someone told me about this carriage because the saw it in the Peach Festival parade...when I googled it I came across your page. Is there a website for the party business? I am interested in the carriage for a birthday party. Thanks alot!!!

Caroline said...

Hey Heather- I hope you get this message back cause I didn't know how to get in touch with you. You can call Sandra at 864-425-1995 about the carriage. She also has a really neat party room where she does tea parties for the girls. The carriage is BEAUTIFUL!!! The pictures don't do it any justice!
Let me know if you get this message.