Monday, January 07, 2008

Christmas recap

We had a great Christmas this year! The kids are at such fun ages. The sad part about Christmas is having to take down all the decorations! Sydney decided to decorate the tree with bibs, towels, and pom-poms after I got all the ornaments off!

Christmas afternoon we went to Chris's mom and step-dad's house. We had a wonderful lunch and opened presents. Check out those candles on the mantle. They are flameless candles that you plug in and they were so beautiful. I would have never guessed that they were not real.
Sydney posing infront of all her presents. You can't really tell, but this was a HUGE pile. She actually got tired of opening and gave up at the end.
John Evan with his pile.
Chris helping him with his books.
Sydney trying to get off the ribbon.
Ya Ya and Sydney
Christmas morning....
Sydney came in our room about 7am and told us that we had to come see what Santa brought. Apparently she had been in the living room looking but not touching. When I asked her how long she had been in there she said about an hour (but she has no concept of time) so we are not sure how long it really was. So, Chris and I went in the living room with her and checked out all her stuff and then John Evan woke up about 20 minutes later. He saw his Elmo stuff first and said "oh Melmo!"
They both got a chair that they love. Sydney's is Cinderella and John Evan's is Thomas the Train. He sat in the chair all morning. He would stand up just long enough to grab a toy and then go right back to it.
We watched the Christmas parade on TV and I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast. No-they were not homemade-do you know who you are dealing with here?
Making a train with their chairs.
John Evan got a scooter.
Sydney playing with John Evan's Mr.Potatoe head.


Cookies(that Sydney and I made together) and milk for Santa and yogurt covered raisans for the reindeer. Sydney wanted to put the raisans on the front porch, but we talked her out of it.

Sydney with her new barbie house, which she calls her barbie princess castle. I think her favorite present is her pink digital camera.
couple of shots of the kids with their new toys.....





I love cute pajamas!

Christmas Eve we all went to my Mom and Dad's where we are tons of food and played Dirty Santa. I ended up with an Alabama bag and Chris with a GC to Taco Casa. We were both pleased! Mom and Dad gave us all a printout of the beach house in Panama City that we will all be staying in this summer! YAY~
Some of the grandkids eating
My dad always piles us the grandkids to read Luke 2 out of the bible. Chandler usually helps him read it. This has to be my favorite part of the night!

All the sister....
Elizabeth, Ashley, Heather, Valoree, Mary, and me

The Saturday night before Christmas we went to Chris's dad and step-moms's house to exchange presents and then over to his aunt's for an untraditional meal of hamburgers.
Here we are with them and Chris's half-brother, Cody.
Sydney and her cousin Selma Brooke reading a book.
The Sunday before Christmas we went to Chris's aunt and uncles for lots more food and gifts. Chris and I got our names pulled out of a hat for a free weekend in their brand new 3 bedroom condo in Panama City!
They had the most beautiful Nativity Scene set up in the living room.
Sydney and Matt waiting patiently to open presents.
John Evan with his singing reindeer horsie thingy.




Well, here is a start of our Christmas. More to come! I will post some pictures of some of my great presents that I got!
I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family! I really enjoyed teaching Sydney the true meaning of Christmas and I hope she carries that with her always!


7 comments:

Ashley said...

I can always count on you to post tons of pictures. It takes so much time. How do you have that much patience? I'm going to steal the one of all the sisters. Sounds like you had a fun Christmas. Sorry I missed your call both times on my birthday! Hope to talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You had a busy Christmas! I wish we had lots of family close by. It seems like so much fun. Looks like your kids got spoiled, too! I love John Evan's scooter and Sydney's Barbie House. If I'd had one of those when I was little, I would've played with it non-stop! I loved Barbie! The kids look so cute in all their Christmas outfits and nighties!

Adella and Dallas Skinner said...

Wow I want to be your child!!!!! Your kids got so much stuff!!! They are at that fun age though. I know I am gonna go all out when Taylor gets older too.

Anonymous said...

What a post! Love all the pictures. I know ya'll had a busy but fun month! Where are you going to put all that stuff? Imagine all that in your old house:)
Valoree

Anonymous said...

those chairs are awesome! you probably don't remember but my sister had one exactly like those! let me tell you, it was the perfect chair for my brother and i to borrow when we were playing nintendo or watching a movie! try it...lay on the floor and use the chair part for your shoulders/head.
love ya and love seeing all the family pictures!
jenny

Cheyenne said...

Loved the pictures...you guys were busy! We went to Callaway gardens last year. I was pregnant with Olivia and sooo sick! We had to tell his family I was pregnant early 'cause I got tired of making excuses! It was really cold last year, too, but it was still incredible.

Meghan said...

You take so many pictures, your kids will love all the pictures when they grow up. You guys had an awesome Christmas!