Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Kindergarten Registration

On March 12th I registered Sydney Kate for kindergarten at Taylorville Primary School (TPS). I have been so nervous about it and teared up as soon as we walked in the door. The school just looked so big and I can't believe Sydney Kate is old enough to start!
Noel and Sara Beth met us there. So did Kim and Sara Madalyn. Kim's daughter, Audrey Ragan, is in K this year so she came for moral support. We registered the girls and then walked down to Audrey Ragan's room and were able to eat lunch with their class. It was great for Sydney to see a classroom and the lunchroom.
Sydney and Sara Beth eating lunch.

Sara Madalyn and Sydney Kate sitting on the bench outside.
I can't believe they have to fix their own trays. The trays look huge! I only have a couple of months left with my baby girl! Boo Hoo !



6 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow. I remember getting my own lunch for the first time in kindergarten. It was very overwhelming. Looks like Sydney will do just fine.

Adella and Dallas Skinner said...

Ok now I am just flat out depressed!!! That breaks my heart. Where does the time go? Why can't we just freeze time? What are you gonna do? I mean how important is K? Can't she just wait until first grade? hahaha

kimmesservy said...

Awwww! You are such a great mother! Sydney will do so well in school. And she'll enjoy making new friends, since she is a social butterfly like her mother!

Anonymous said...

how exciting. (and sad) she will do GREAT and i bet she adjusts to everything quickly. here i am passing out advice and i don't have any kids. but you and chris and just THAT good of parents that there is no way sydney kate won't do well!!!!!

love you! jenny

Anonymous said...

I can't believe she's going to start school! I remember Hudson's first few days and I was freaking out like how is he going to know to do this and that and what's he going to do at lunch...etc. I remember one day a few months after school started, just watching him walking from the car to the school and crying b/c I was like, that's my baby all grown up! They adjust quickly and she'll do great...you on the otherhand...:)
Valoree

Cheyenne said...

Thank goodness for friends! Maybe it will make it easier on YOU that she has some friends who will start with her. She seems right at home with that tray!