Wednesday, August 12, 2009

First Day of Kindergarten

I still have some summer fun I want to post about but I had to jump ahead and post about Sydney Kate's first day of school.
We had open house on Sunday where she got to meet her teacher. Ms. Roberts gave her a hug when we walked in and told her she had heard so much about her and was so excited about having her in her class. It was very sweet! Ms. Roberts gave her a cute little bear as a "welcome" gift.
We walked around and looked at the school. This is in the library.


Posing in her cute classroom.


Posing at the loft


My wonderful sister, Mary, offered to have John Evan over to spend the night so I could have some time with Sydney Kate and not have to worry with him the next morning. Mary said he did great! Thank you so much! So, I took Sydney Kate to her her toe nails and fingernails painted and then we met Chris and Chad at Taco Casa. The girl doing her nails was so sweet.

They are painted pink with orange flowers.

At open house Ms. Roberts gave us a poster to fill out. I thought she did SO good on all her drawings and words.

Cute back pack, lunch box, and snack bag
I know they all clash but they are still cute!
Ms, Roberts also asked them to decorate a shoe box and put in 5 things that tell about them.
1) a barbie doll cause she loves to play barbies
2) a pink party hat because she loves to go to parties and pink is her favorite color
3) sea shells cause she loves to go to the beach
4) finger paint cause she loves to do arts and crafts
5) a picture of her family because she loves her family and she has a 3 year old brother





Tuesday morning she did great. She was very very excited! I on the other hand was sick to my stomach and was on the verge of throwing up all morning! She did great when I walked her to her room-I was so proud! But , as soon as I walked out I started crying and went straight to the bathroom and stood in a stall until I could stop. It was HEARTBREAKING! So, I pulled myself together and went to the boo hoo breakfast in the library. It was very nice but I cried several more times while in there talking to other parents.

My beautiful baby before school



Savannah and Sydney Kate
I went straight home and did some cleaning and then Mary and the boys and Tammy and Luke came over. Thank goodness for that cause it kept my mind busy! Thank y'all for hanging out!
Here comes the hard part............
When I picked Sydney Kate up she came running out very excited but as we were walking to the car she just lost it! She started hysterically crying. She was upset that I didn't eat lunch with her and she wanted to go back to preschool and she was scared of the big kids and she missed her mommy! It was pitiful! So, we sat in the car and talked for a while until I could calm her down. I think she was just so tired and overwhlemed and emotional and when she saw me she just let it all out. IT WAS SO HARD!!!!!!!!!!
Today was lots better. I left her with no problems except John Evan crying because he didn't want to leave her. We went back to eat lunch with her and she cried a little when I left but she was perfectly fine when I picked her up. YAY for a better day!
I just can't even explain how I feel-but hopefully I will get used to it. Thank you to everyone who called and checked on her and to Shannon for the wonderful cupcakes!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks so cute! Her teacher is very pretty. I can see why Sydney would love her! She'll do great! I just can't believe she's so grown up! How fun that ya'll went and had her nails done. Was she saying "you so pretty..." all the way there? :)
val

Ashley said...

First, I don't think those bags clash at all. Second, I've never heard of a Boo Hoo Breakfast, but I think it's a fantastic and cute idea. I'm so sorry you had such a hard time. It's so sweet that John Evan didn't want to leave her. Things will get better! (I know I haven't gone through this before, but they will).

nbarnes2 said...

so i totally cried reading your post. Caroline! you can't do that! that is so sweet. hearing what you said and hearing what she said. so sweet. i loved that post. and you are too cute with outfits, bags, nails. sheesh!

Unknown said...

I love her backpack and lunch bag stuff!! Where did you get it?