Monday, August 24, 2009

Update on school

For some reason my blog is not letting me load pictures...oh well. Sydney Kate is doing some better. Some days are easier than others. We made a sticker chart last Sunday. She gets a sticker if she does not cry when I drop her off in her room. She did great last Mon and Tues. Wed rolled around and she didn't do so good. She didn't cry but she whined and held on to my leg and then when I was leaving after lunch she followed me back down the hall atleast 3 times. So, I went ahead and gave her a sticker but we had to change the rules a little.
Her class is doing a color cafe where they study a color each day-they dress in that color and eat a snack that color and learn how to say it in spanish and sign language. It's really cute and Sydney Kate has enjoyed dressing in a certain color. They had homework every night last week. It was a worksheet front and back. So cute!
Well, as I type this the school nurse just called and said she is complaining of a sore throat,,,so I am off to go get her.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm sorry she's still haven't a tough time adjusting. Not that I'm wishing sickness on a child, but I hope she really does have a sore throat and isn't just saying that to come home. Hang in there!

Unknown said...

I hope she recovers better. Did she cry at preschool, too? Maybe if she was used to coming home with you after lunch she is just upset by the new routine of having to stay. I'm sure she will adjust; kids are a lot more resilient than we think they are. It doesn't help the Mommies, though, when their babies are crying! She was always a great kid and I'm sure you guys will do fine.

Unknown said...

Wait, I meant to say 'recovers soon'. I don't know where 'better' came from!