Friday, September 14, 2007

Vacation

I am finally posting some pictures from our beach trip. We went to Orange Beach, Al a couple of weeks ago and had a great time! Sydney LOVED the ocean and the pool. John Evan just tollerated both of them. Ofcourse these are in random order and I will post more later!

One night we went hunting for sand crabs. Sydney thought it was so cool. Chris would put them in her bucket, she would look at them for just a second and then dump them right out.
We stayed at the Phoenix East on the 4th floor.

One day we went to "The Track" where we rode go-carts
and bumper boats.
Alligator Alley
This place was really cool. We got to walk out onto a huge bridge over the swamp and see all the alligators. They were HUGE! We also got to watch during feeding time.
Holding a baby alligator. I was so proud of Sydney since she is pretty much terrified of most animals.
Can you tell I really did not want to do this?

Can you see his head?



This bridge really made me nervous with John Evan!

Scary!!!!!!!!




The ocean..........

Me and my best girl!



Love this!
One night we went out to dinner with a guy named Brian and his family. Chris and Brian work together and they happened to be at the beach too.


We ate a TON of icecream! Chris made homemade vanilla twice (so good Chris!) and we also went to a place called Shakes. It had the best icecream I have EVER eaten! I wish we had one here! Wait-no I don't cause I would want it everyday!


This is pretty much what John Evan wanted to do the whole time. He made me a nervous wreck because he just wanted to walk around and get in and out!


Sydney got pretty brave in her little swimmies.
They dug a pretty deep hole. Sydney was surprised to see that there was water way under the sand.
Splash Pad
Oh I loved this thing! I could actually just sit and relax and watch them play!



More pictures to come soon! It is almost 1am-I better get in the bed!



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like you guys had fun. your family is so cute! and you, my friend, are one HOT mamma!

Ashley said...

You sure do have your kids trained to pose for pictures. Do you just tell John Evan to smile or do you have to tickle him or make funny faces?

Adella and Dallas Skinner said...

How adorable!!!! They are both so photogenic. I can't wait to take Taylor to the beach. I would have been a nervous wreck too on that bridge with my baby.

Anonymous said...

Lots of cute pictures of course! Ya'll are such a cute family! I still haven't gotten that link to look at all your pictures.
Valoree

heidi said...

glad to see john evan recovered enough to enjoy the trip!

Caroline said...

Ashley-John Evan usually smiles and says cheese when he sees the camera!
Valoree-I resent the pictures.

Debbie said...

I LOVE the picture of Chris & Sydney lying on the couch, and I love the up close pictures of the kids at the beach.

I wouldn't have wanted to hold the alligator either if I were you! Jared found a little garden snake in our yard one day and brought it in the house!! Even though it was completely harmless, it just made my skin crawl, and I kept yelling at him to get it out of the house (and away from me and my baby!)

Meghan said...

Sorry I'm just now getting to this, but super cute pictures. It makes me want to go to the beach. I can't believe you held an alligator. You are way braver than me.