Thursday, September 25, 2008

update on Rick

Chris's daddy went into surgery about 7:15am. Everything went well. It just took longer than expected. The piece was flat and smooth so it was hard to find. It ended up being lodged between the sack that holds his heart and the sack that holds his lungs. Which is pretty good news because it only bruised his lung and did not do any damage to his heart. After recovery they were able to send him back to a regular room instead of ICU-more good news. He has been pretty much sleeping all day and will be in the hospital until atleast Monday. Thank you all for your prayers and sweet comments. Thanks to Stephanie A. for watching the kids this morning so I could be at the hospital.

This has made me think a lot about never knowing what could happen. Luckily, Rick is going to be okay but I can't help to think that it could have been a lot worse. I think about what if that would have happend to Chris. I know I can't focus on that and I just need to be thankful for my blessings. I am so thankful for my wonderful family, immediate, and in-laws, and extended. What a great group of people they really are. I am also thankful for all my wonderful friends-near and far. Since I joined facebook I have been able to catch up with some old friends. It really makes me miss them and miss the old times. I know my future is full of wonderful times to come-so I will focus on that and not the past.
Sorry to ramble! Good night!

4 comments:

Annalie said...

I'm glad that your dad-in-law is okay. It's always scary when things like this happen but its good to be reminded that each and every day on earth is such a gift!

Anonymous said...

oh girl i know what you and chris are going thru. it takes a special man to work in the coal mines (of course including my daddy)and they are among the toughest guys around. i have no doubt that your father in law is a fighter and that really makes a lot of difference in recovery. please call me if you need anything i am in t-town until sunday. i'll pray for his quick recovery!
love ya, jenny

Anonymous said...

That's great news. Things like this always make you think about the what if's and make you realize everything you have. You can't help it. But sometimes it's a good thing - so that we don't take things for granted.

Dawn O

Katy said...

I'm glad to hear that Chris's Dad is doing better. We'll keep praying for your family.