Sunday, February 15, 2009

Boot and Germany

Check out Chris's boot!
He has been having some pain in his foot for a while. Well, the other night he was playing basketball with the youth at church and went up on his toes to shoot the ball. He said he felt it pop and it felt like somebody hit him in the bottom of his foot with a baseball bat. He went straight to work and worked all night in his steel toe boots. The next morning his foot was black and blue. So, he went to the doctor where he found out he tore a ligament. They wanted to put a full cast on it but he knew he couldn't work in that so they put it in a boot. He has been wearing his boot except when he is at work. He says it is feeling a lot better and will go back to the dr. on Friday. I have to remind him that he is not 16 anymore and has to be careful!
My daddy is in Germany right now for his job. He left last Monday and will be gone for 2 months. He will make another trip this summer. I started him a blog so he could keep us updated on his tripp. Here is his blog address.http://www.rodneyingermany.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Cheyenne said...

That boot is soooo stylish!

Unknown said...

I am happy your dad survived so far!! I am thrilled to know what he will find out about good old Germany! Hope you will visit us one day,too!!!!!

Katy said...

I have to remind Jesse all of the time that he is not 25 anymore; he gets hurt more easily on his adventures than he used to. He INSISTS that it is because he is 15 pounds overweight and then goes on to explain how, with 15 extra pounds, when he hits the ground it is just going to do more damage. Then I say, no, I think it's because you're 36. We like to have this argument about every 4-5 months. Hope he recovers soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Your dad got there at the right time, Mardi Gras in Germany is big and not only just drinking wise... he needs to do to Rottweil or Weil der Stadt to see a big parade with old traditional masks and costumes. I hope he has fun and meets lots of nice people. Does your Mom go to visit him? He needs to bring you back gummy bears and chocolate like I used to do. ; ))

foxofbama said...

Caroline:
Was in school with your Mom and Dad in Gaffney.
Got a note from your Mom with link to your Dad's blog and tried to leave a message there, but Rodney's blog wouldn't post my comment.
Please forward this to his blog and tell him I'll try again soon.
SAw some pics and figured he is the grey headed guy on the back row.
Want him to look for my friend Edda, in East Berlin.

Sfox