Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Rickey Harrison 10k

A couple of weeks ago I ran my first 10k race. I was really nervous about it. I am not used to running in the cold and it was pretty chilly that morning. But, it didn't take long to warm up. We(me ,Karrie, and Yvette) started out in the back and decided that if we wanted to finish it we would have to steady ourselves. So, we did and finished at 1:10:40. Yvette kicked our butts @ 1:01:00! Karrie and I just kind of chatted the whole time and enjoyed ourselves. One volunteer even mentioned that he could hear us laughing a mile away and if we didn't talk so much we could run faster. Now what fun woulf that be? NONE at all! It was such an awesome feeling passing the finish line! I felt AMAZING! Yvette placed in her age group. That girl is good!
I have been training really hard for my race on April 25th. I am now running about 4 days a week. I am only up to 8 miles but I hope to up that soon. See the cute pink thing Yvette is wearing? I told Chris that almost everyone at the race had one. So, he went out that day and bought me one! HOW SWEET!

3 comments:

heidi said...

i just typed a really long and engouraged comment and blogger ate it.
just know that you are the best. the end.

Anonymous said...

Great job! That makes me tired just thinking about it!
Valoree

Anonymous said...

Go, Caroline!!!

Tammy