Monday, March 23, 2009

Snow and birthday party

I love this picture of Sydney. Her red sweater is so cute. Valoree bought it for her last year and it looks so cute on her!

A couple of weeks ago it snowed on a Sunday morning. I really didn't think it would and was not really prepared for it. So, when I woke up to get in the shower I asked Chris if it snowed last night and he didn't know. So, I looked out the window and IT WAS SNOWING! I ran and woke up both the kids cause last year when it snowed it literally only lasted like 30 minutes and by the time we got the kids all bundled up it was pretty much over. So, I threw coats and stuff on over their pajamas and we went out to play. It was beautiful. John Evan only lasted about 15 minutes at a time. He kept getting cold. So we were in and out a lot and went through a few changes of clothes. I don't think I would like to live where it snowed all the time-it wore me out!
John Evan helped out neighbor, Cameron, make a snow man.

Sydney going down the slide.

Towards the end John Evan got tired of bundling up. He didn't even want a coat on.


Swinging in the snow.



The boat was covered in snow. That's where we made all our big snow balls!
I LOVE this picture of the kids peaking out the door!


Not sure what this face is!


Chris had time to make one snowball. He had to be at church early. The kids and I ended up playing hookie. We missed Daddy!

Sweet baby!



For about a week John Evan asked me "Did it snow last night?"


We wenr to Olivia Caroline's birthday party. It was a High School Musical pep-rally.
Sydney with the chearleaders.

Birthday girl
Some of the crew. Ofcourse John Evan didn't want to get in the picture.


Birthday cake


face painting

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such cute pictures! We should have played hookie, too. The boys only had a few minutes in the snow! By the time we got out of church, it was pretty much all melted! Oh well...love the red sweater! Of course I love anything red:) That's so sweet that John Evan asked every morning if it snowed last night!
Valoree

Katy said...

actually you are right; it is NOT fun to live where it snows alot. it is definitely harder to bundle up the kids over and over; mop up the snow and mud in the house, etc. jesse and i think it's fun to visit, like to go skiing or something, but not have it all the time. there have been at least 3 times just this winter that i have been terrified on the icy roads! we had a light dusting last night--about 1 or 2 inches and i hope it's our last.

Adella and Dallas Skinner said...

Love the snow pictures. How does everybody come up with such cute bday ideas? I have drawn a blank this year and gave up.

nbarnes2 said...

i love love love sydney's giraffe boots. so cute.

Mink News said...

WHAT on EARTH? What is that snow doing in Bama? Looks like you had fun!