Friday, March 13, 2009

temple, gymnastics, playing

My church primary (sunday school for ages 3-12) with their families took a trip to the temple in Birmingham. It was a really neat and fun activity. We met at the church building right next door where we did a craft and colored and played bingo. They we were able to walk over to the temple and go into the waiting room and let the children walk around the grounds outside. It was kind of a yucky day so my pictures are cloudy. Before the activity started the children sang "I love to see the temple". That is one of my favorite primary songs and I felt the spirit so strongly as they sang. Another sweet moment was when watching John Evan cross through the parking lot with his little arms folded being reverant.
Valoree and Evan on the front entrance of the temple

Sydney, Hudson, and John Evan on the beautiful grounds


Sydney and I by the front entrance

The kids playing bingo. John Evan ate a ton of Skittles!

Chris was not able to go because he was with the young men at another activity. Thanks to Mary and Jeni and everybody for their work on the great activity.
decorating their picture mat


The weather has been off and on warmer. So, one day I snapped some pictures while playing outside.











A couple of weeks ago we had a playdate. They love to dress up!



We ran into Katrin at the gymnastics meet.

Sydney posing in her cute outfit! Tammy says she looks like she is going clubbin'


John Evan loves to help me unload the dishwasher.


One weekend they had princess and pirate night at the gym meet. Apparently, the word didn't get out very well because there were only a handful of people dressed up. Oh well!





Ashley finally blogged about it so I can now say how excited I am that she is having a baby! She is due in September. Congratulations to Collin and Ashley. Daddy is doing well in Germany. He has had a lot of friends to hang out with and has done a lot of sight seeing. I really miss him!
Sydney is enjoying t-ball practice. They have a practice game on Monday. She loves her pink helmet and bat bag with her name on them. Thanks Richard!
We registered her for school on Thursday. That will be a post for itself! Let's just say I teared up as soon as I walked in the door.

7 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow. I have some really cute sisters and nieces and nephews :) I love to see Sidney wearing the shirt I got her. Thanks for being excited for us!

Anonymous said...

I like Sydney's clubbing outfit, too. She looks so grown up! Ummm...does Hudson have on fairy wings in that picture? :)
Valoree

Unknown said...

I LOVE Sydney's clubbing outfit! She is so precious. And I hear ya about kindergarden registration. I don't have to do it for another year and a half for Ethan and I already cry about it!

heidi said...

i love the temple activity. what a neat experience that was for all of you. and i can't believe miss thang is going to be in kindergarten. what a big girl. this means we are old old old.

Cheyenne said...

I heard the temple activity was awesome. What a neat thing to do for the kids. Also, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that Sydney has a pink t-ball helmet. There is no reason a girl can't look pretty when she's tearin' it up with the boys!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out about the activity. We really enjoyed it, too. I hate you didn't get any pics of my fam outside the temple :(

Adella and Dallas Skinner said...

Ok Sydney looks like a minature adult who is definetly on her way to the club. Oh I hope Chris has some big guns. haha