Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Capstone 5K

We did our 5th race last weekend. I must say that I am so proud of myself! I finished in 29:30-my best time! As usual my goal was to run the whole time and I was able to do that! The good time was just a bonus. Chris and Chad also had their best time @ 26:30.
Okay-so I have a friend that I run in the neighborhood with. Karrie and I usually run 4 miles a couple of times a week. We run and chat and it usually takes us about 45 minutes and we have a great time. So, why is it that this 3 mile race was so tough? Karrie and I stayed together the whole time and we could barely talk at all and both had a pretty tough time! Is it because it was cold, or that we were running faster than usual? I don't know...anyway we did finished it!

Me, Chris, and Chad before the race
Me and Karrie
Isn't this face hillarious? I look like a little kid!

Meghan, Me, and Karrie after the race

I'm so glad me and Meghan do this together-thanks for inspiring me! Meghan also had a great finish time!

Happy the race is over!

11 comments:

mcamp said...

You are sooo good caroline, oh my gosh! Great!! You've really stuck to it!

How's greensboro doing btw?

Ashley said...

Awww. If only I lived closer, maybe YOU could inspire ME!

Anonymous said...

Great job! Ashley-I do live closer and she doesn't inspire me...you do Caroline...just not to run:)
Valoree

Adella and Dallas Skinner said...

Good Job!!!! Very impressed!!!

Jeni said...

Caroline, let me know about these 5Ks...would love to run one sometime! I've been working out since SAra Katherine was 7 weeks old FOUR times a week and have even started working out with a trainer and I keep gaining stupid weight...I had my thyroid tested last week, so maybe that's the prob..who knows. My trainer suggested adding running back into my regime, in addition to the spin classes that I do. I hate running, but if it will help me get back to where I want to be, I'll run! So, keep me posted! And good for you for running the whole time!

Anonymous said...

i'm amazed! And you were only a couple minutes behind Chris?! WOW!

Meghan said...

sorry I just barely saw this today. I have been so out of the loop of blogging lately. I just got back from running a little while ago, and I am sure to kick your butt next race. j/k!

Jennifer said...

Hey! I'm glad you found me! I'll tag your page on mine. Yeah, sleeping through the night for Ben or me is a joke right now..lol. Congrats on the 5K, that's awesome. I always said I wanted to run a marathon before I'm 30 and dang it if I'm getting way too close to 30 for comfort! (just turned 27) Any way, hope you're doing good..we really should get together sometime.

nbarnes2 said...

how do you run with those kids? do you push both of 'em in a double stroller? that would be a superman move! surely not. does somebody watch them?

Caroline said...

Natalie-
Heck no I don't push the kids in a stroller! I would never make it that way! We just always get a babysitter for the races and Chris is home with them when I run in the neighborhood!

Caroline said...

Jeni-
You can go to http://www.tuscaloosatrackclub.com/schedule.html and find all the local races. Also, there is a Jingle Bell run in B'ham on December 1st. That one is a pretty big run! Let me know if you decide to do one. Did you hear back on your thyroid check?