Sunday, August 15, 2010

finally over

As y'all know from previous posts...I have been very anxious about John Evan starting preschool. So, Wednesday was his first day. Chris and I walked him in and he seemed to be doing okay....we saw his little friend and they "chatted" as we signed them in. Then we proceeded to walk down to his room . As soon as we got to the door he froze up. He DID NOT want to go in there. So I hung out in the doorway with him until he was ready and eventually he was. So, we went to a blocks table and he would not let go of my hand and wanted me right next to him. Then he decided he wanted to go to a different table so we waked over there and he sat right down. I started talking to Mrs. Kim about some things and Chris suggested we sneak out since JE was preoccupied at the moment. So, we did but we were not very sneaky because he noticed right away. So I went straight into a storage room and just started boohooing! I was sad about leaving him and I felt so guilty about leaving without saying goodbye. So I calmed down (as Chris was snapping away) and asked the preschool director , Mrs Terri, to go check on him. She came back and sad "I'm not going to lie to you, he is very upset...but he'll be okay. He is sitting on the teacher's lap and he'll be fine" So I talked/cried to her for a few minutes then we left. We drove to River Road park for Chris and I to go for a run (which was so nice to beable to run with my sweet hubby)and I called to check on him when we got there. Mrs. Terri said that he was doing okay. She took him on a tour of the school and showed him every classroom and let him hang out with her in her office and look at books and play with some monkey's. Then eventually he was ready to go to class. Apparently, everytime they would ask him if he wanted to color or whatever his answer was always "I can do that at home with my mommy"! SO sweet! I sent Mrs. Kim a text later asking her if he was just sad or was he hysterical and and she said he was pretty hysterical but eventually got over it. Oh that broke my heart!
I stayed busy by running and then we went to Sam's. When we picked him up he seemed pretty happy and said " I didn't like it at first but then it got good"! So glad that stressful/emotional day is over!
He looks so happy to be going but this was a total front! HAHA!

His cute lunchbox

We saw his cute friend , Jackson. Unfortunately they didn't get in the same class :(



Chris thought it was hillarious to take pics of me!



Friday went some better. Mrs. Nan and I tried to get him to go into his room but he wasn't interested. He said he wanted to play with the monkies again so I went and found Mrs. Terri and she took him by the hand. He was not crying when I left so that's good. Mrs. Kim said he participated a little more than he had on Wednesday and that they were just going to let him kinda do his own thing until he got used to things. I am so glad that he has great teacher and a great director that are so patient with him! I hope tomorrow goes even better!

2 comments:

Leah said...

Awww that makes me so sad. I really don't look forward to Jada starting school next year. As I was reading it I had the thought on how Heavenly Father must feel when he has to say goodbye and let go of our hand so we can go to "school" too and learn the things we must learn to be able to return to Heaven to live with him. It has got to be very hard for him, the hardest being Jesus of course. But it's interesting how it comes full circle! I hope your little guy and you will be having peace with all of it soon.

Anonymous said...

Wow! So tramatic! I'm so glad Chris took pictures of you!
Val