Monday, August 09, 2010

school

my stomach is in knots and I have tears in my eyes. It is 9:36pm the night before school starts and Sydney Kate is in her room just pitiful. I put her to bed at 8pm and she is still awake. She is so nervous about tomorrow. She is starting first grade and will have the same teacher as last year so I'm not sure why she is so upset. It's just really hard to see her this way!
John Evan starts on Wednesday. He will go to preschool on monday, wed, and Friday from 8:30-12pm. The great thing is a friend of mine from the gym will be one of his teachers. She loves JE so I know he will be well taken care of. His other teacher is new to Tuscaloosa but has recently taught kindergarten and seems really sweet. John Evan has a very "different" personality. I don't really know how to explain it! He is very strong willed and stubborn. One worry is that he will not want me to leave him once we get in the classroom but my main worry is that he will just flat out refuse to even walk in the building! I have had to take him in and out of places kicking and screaming too many times! He is so bad sometimes that if he is somewhere he does not want to be he will literally just walk right out the door. So, I can totally see that happening. Not to mention he is NOT a morning person!
I feel like I am going to throw up right now but I know it will get better...it did last year!
I hope everyone has a great first day tomorrow! Good luck!

5 comments:

Annalie said...

I'm sorry Caroline, that sounds tough! I hope today goes okay for you, thinking about you!

Ashley said...

How did Monday go? I hope Wednesday goes well. Lots of prayers!

Leah said...

I hope everything went well! Jada starts school next year because he birthday is in October and it just makes me sad thinking about it. I just don't want kids to be mean to her at school. That is my biggest fear. I know she will be so excited to go. I think every kid gets nervous the night before the first day of school.

Caroline said...

Thanks guys! Ashley-John Evan's first day is Wednesday. They opened on Tuesday and since he won't go on Tuesday's then he'll start on Wednesday. Thanks for the prayers!
Leah-it is really hard to deal with things like kids being mean and teaching them things and words you don't like. It's so hard because you just want to keep them sheltered!

heidi said...

my dear! i hope everything went well. and i will def being praying for you next week for JE. for reagan we just keep talking about how great school will be and i keep reassuring him that i will be there to pick him up each day. and we have made a few trips out to the school just to drive by. i know i am going to be a mess, so i hope he is okay.
you will do great because you are a great mother.