Saturday, December 20, 2008

Callaway Gardens

This was our second year to go to Pine Mountain, GA to visit Callaway Gardens to see the Fantasy In Lights.
The packet includes one meal. We ate at the little country restaurant right down from the hotel. This is right across the street from where we had breakfast. Beautiful.

Chris climbed the tree!








We went early to the lights show and just let the kids run around until it was time to start.



The lights were amazing. We let the kids sit upfront with us so they could see good. My favorite was the butterflies and dragonflies. John Evan's was the frog. Sydney's was the fairies. Chris's was some big tree that was lit up only because he once saw some ducks around it.




I love staying in hotels but unfortunately we all had a miserable night. John Evan "slept" with me and Sydney "slept" with Chris. No one slept much!

Enjoying their chocolate milk.






jumping from bed to bed

The package also includes entrance into the gardens. The best part is the butterfly house.
















I hope all of you are having a MERRY CHRISTMAS so far!

















5 comments:

Katy said...

That sounds like so much fun!! I love doing stuff like that around Christmastime.

Cheyenne said...

Callaway is AWESOME! I love the butterflies. I went the year I was pregnant with Olivia and still had morning sickness. We had to tell everyone while we were there that I was pregnant because I was sooooo sick.

Adella and Dallas Skinner said...

Wow that sounds like a blast. We went to Pine Mountain, GA befoe Taylor was born and stayed in some beautiful cabins just a mile away from Callaway Gardens. We had a blast. It is so beautiful over there.

tracyp said...

I love it there! So did Christ just want to shoot the ducks? I'm glad is was fun, too bad no one slept!

Jessica Anderson said...

What a fun trip!!! At least the fun makes up for all the "no sleep" right? Sounds like it was a cool light show.