Sunday, December 07, 2008

getting ready for Christmas

Just like everybody else - I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Here are some things we have been doing to get ready for the big day.

We always get a ton of Christmas cards mostly with pictures and I never have a place to display them all. So, Sydney Kate and I painted a bunch of clothes pins to hang them up. We made Christmas Jello Jigglers.


Hudson and Chandler spent the night the day Evan was born.



The kids have their own personal tree. They loved decorating them!




John Evan pointing out the train. Why do trees always look better in person?


our finished craft plus our count down calendar


Elf on a Shelf
These are so cute! The elf "travels" to the North Pole every night and tells Santa how you have been and he shows up in a different spot every morning. The kids get SO excited every morning to find him! Really cute!


John Evan's tree




Mickey Mouse




This is what Chris looked like the whole time we were decorating!



The Nativity
Before we put this out Sydney Kate said "Momma you know what I remember from last year? That Christmas is not all about gifts it is about Jesus being born." What an awesome girl!




She was as excited as I was!
























10 comments:

tracyp said...

So cute Caroline.. I love the Elf on the Shelf. I might have to investigate that one further!

Annalie said...

I think your tree looks so festive! I have heard about the elf on a shelf before and thought it sounded so cute, where did you get yours?

Adella and Dallas Skinner said...

So so cute. That is about what Dallas looked like too while I was decorating. Taylor just got in the way but next year she will be a big help. I love the Elf on a shelf. Those are so cute.

Nicole said...

Too cute and so much fun decorating for Christmas. I love it too. I too love the Elf on the shelf thing. I have never heard of it before but it is cute.

Anonymous said...

what a cute idea with the clothespins! I might have to steal that idea.

Katy said...

I have always felt the same way about taking pictures of my Christmas tree--they look better in person. However, if you ever have the privilege of having your husband lose his mind and make a tumbleweed Christmas tree like what happened in my house last year, then you would have to change that view because that particular tree looked way crappier and more white trash in person than in any pictures. Kids liked it though. We do have a normal tree again this year, by the way!!

Sara said...

Good idea with the clothespins. I always use clothespins but I should make them look more festive.

Anonymous said...

Love the clothespin idea! It looks so cute! I agree that pictures of trees never do them justice! What a fun and creative mom you are!
Valoree

Cheyenne said...

Christmas with kids is the bomb-diggety. Your house looks fabulous and helped me get back in the spirit so I could finish decorating my own house.

Caroline said...

Annalie-I got the Elf at Bow Regards but you can find them just about any little specialty store. Even Woods and Water carries them. They run about $30.00 which includes the cute book/instructions.