Sunday, December 21, 2008

Split

Be sure to check out all 3 posts I did this weekend~


At church last Sunday they announced that our church (ward) would be split starting the following Sunday. Pretty much what this means is that we had a lot of members and are out growing our building. This is a good thing that we have so many members. So, they make certain boundaries depending on where you live. There is now a Tuscaloosa ward and a (new) Northport ward. My family and I are in the Northport ward. The sad part about this is that my two sisters that love in town will be in the Tuscaloosa ward. We will all be in the building at the same time we will just be doing differnt things. Make since?
With that being said-I am no longer primary president. I am really surprised that my calling lasted such a short time and I really enjoyed working with my presidency and I really love the kids! I don't have a new calling yet but Chris was called as Young Men's president. He will be in charge of the youth age boys from 12-18. This will be a pretty time consuming calling but I know he will do a great job!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Merry Christmas to you as well, and I shall try! I am starting to think it will take a small miracle for my flights to not be messed up, but we shall see how the weather goes in the next while...

heidi said...

how in the world are y'all in the northport ward? apparently no one consulted me on what would be good and proper ward boundaries.
and, chris is going to do awesome in young mens. awesome. with a camo thermos. and that's pretty awesome.

JesseAnn said...

This is crazy! But Merry Christmas! Thank you so much for the DARLING Christmas card! I so love it! Merry Christmas! (p.s.- I never was able to get mine done- yes I really do struggle!)
love ya'll