Sunday, April 13, 2008

GVI Spring Fling and BBQ Thing!

I ran my first 5k of the season last Friday. I did pretty good for me with my time being 29:34. My best time ever was 29:30. I did this race last year and my time was 33:44. So, I have definately improved! Karrie and I ran together the whole race. The bad part was that it was kinda drizzling and then as soon as the race started it started raining harder. Running in the rain is not easy! Anyway, we had fun!
Karrie and I before the race. I look HUGE-a small part of that might be cause Karrie it SO tiny! Don't you hate tiny friends? Sydney playing in the rain at the race.
She fell down and skinned up her hands(poor little thing)
John Evan playing in the rocks. Both the kids were all wet and dirty!
Thank you so much to Chase and Kristen for babysitting while I ran! Y'all are great! We will miss you so much when you move to Huntsville! My kids love y'all!

8 comments:

Meghan said...

Yea!!! You go Caroline! I wish I could have been there, but I am way farther along than JesseAnn was when we ran that race last year. You did awesome. (I love to run in the rain.)

Anonymous said...

Great job! Sydney looks so big in that stroller!
Valoree

Ashley said...

Okay, so you look the opposite of huge in that picture. And congrats on the monkey bread. It's easier to make than it looks. And yum!

Elizabeth said...

fyi, don't click on that first comment...I didn't but it's either a virus ready to download to your system or something you won't want to see. A cousin of mine gets those comments quite often...

Adella and Dallas Skinner said...

I am so proud of you Caroline. You are so dedicated. Yea don't click on that first comment, that is like what I got the other day. I don't know why or how its happening.

Mink News said...

Caroline-- way to go! When I saw those pictures of the GVI run I got all excited. I can't believe it has been a year since we did that. It is so crazy, this year has flown by to me. Thanks for all the comments, you are the sweetest. I hope you make a trip out to Utah to come play with me sometime soon! :) But great job on the run, oh and I love John Evans hair too. Its adorable! love ya

Nicole said...

Way to go!!! You are so dedicated. I don't think I could ever do anything like that. Oh by the way you so DON'T look huge.

Unknown said...

OH HI! :)

This is Dana from church, I was looking for pictures from the race (I REALLY want to see what those snaps at that one turn and the finish line look like dangit) and found your blog instead. WOOHOO! GO YOU. I hope to be as swift as you someday. ;)