Saturday, April 19, 2008

Jenny and Richard

My very good friend, Jenny, got married on March 1st. I have known Jenny since the 4th grade. We went to school together and grew up in the same neighborhood. This wedding was by far the most interesting wedding I have ever been to. Jenny and Richard have been dating FOREVER! Well, the wedding began and the bridesmaids and groomsmen took turns sharing quotes or poems of some sort. Then Richard and Jenny came down to the front and Richard starts saying how they have been together for so long and all their friends say they act like they are all ready married and all this stuff and then all the sudden he announces that they had already gotten married for "practical" reasons. He says they just wanted to beable to do it in front of their families and friends. Okay, I am not telling this story well at all, but it was really neat! It turns out that they were married at the court house last fall and did it mainly for insurance purposes for Jenny. Then they shared their personally written vows. It was so sweet!
Everyone started clapping and laughing. It was the neatest thing!
Jenny was a beautiful bride and the wedding was very pretty and the food was great! Congratulations Jenny and Richard! Thank you for sharing your special day with us!
Sydney and I at the wedding.....
Jenny and Richard
dancing
bride's family
her momma and daddy, sister Emily and brother David

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture!


Jenny has an amazing family and I feel like they are my own!

Love you guys!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a hard story to tell! It's hard to explain. It was cool and something I've never seen before. Congrats Jenny & Richard!
Valoree

Anonymous said...

You did a good job of telling the story! I feel honored to have made it onto your blog! And for the record...I'm not pregnant. haha!

We're so glad you guys had fun,
Jenny

Jennifer said...

Haha..that does sound like something I've never been to, but cool! Good for them!

Cheyenne said...

Did their family even know? My mom would totally freak out...she'd NEVER be able to top that!

Anonymous said...

ok, Caroline, I'll help ya out with the question. We told our parents and siblings and a few aunts and uncles and they were completely ok with it. A few of our friends read the fine print in the newspaper where they print marriage licenses and divorces so we had to fess up to those people. But for the most part it was a complete suprise for people.
Jenny

Adella and Dallas Skinner said...

Is that your new black dress you have on? It looks hot on you.

Caroline said...

Thanks for clearing that up Jenny!
Yes, Adella that is my new black dress. Thank you!