Monday, May 19, 2008

Dance Recital

Sydney's dance recital was at the Bama Theatre on May 10th. This event started way back in December when the acadmey had a "party" to announce all the different costumes. So, you can only imagine how huge this has been built up to the girls and how excited they were! They practiced over and over and over again! They had to learn a tap dance and a ballet dance and did great on both. For ballet the girls were guest at Betsy's Birthday party where they danced with baby dolls. The other part of Sydney's class were guests with games (they were in yellow). For the tap they were Little Rockettes. It was all VERY cute. Ofcourse, I got all teary eyed during the performance. I am proud of my little dancer!

Sydney and Audrey Ragan
Sydney, Mary Claire, and Mady Grace
The girls got to decorate their own bags. We had to drop them off at the stage door and there were helpers backstage to help them change into their next outfit. I'm proud of Sydney for doing all this without me!
Chris and I got Sydney some flowers and she LOVES them!
Sydney had a lot of people to come see her!
Gran Gran and Sydney
Sydney and YaYa
Sydney and Hudson or should I say the ballerina and the ball player
Me and Sydney
Valoree, Eric (Chris's brother), Janet (chris's step-mom), and Gary (Chris's step-dad) also came to see the little preformer. Some of us went to Pizza Hut afterwards.
Sydney and Anna

Sydney posing before dress rehearsal
Anna and Sydney


Here is a video of the tap dance. This was taped at the rehearsal. We love you Sydney and are so proud of you! Sydney is second from the right in pig tails. Imagine how cute they were in their outfits! Thank you to everyone that came and to Amber for watching John Evan for us!

3 comments:

Meghan said...

How cute! That makes me miss my own ballet days. She looks like she loves it.

Cheyenne said...

Oh my gosh! She is so cute in her outfits! I absolutely love her pink and black costume. Her smile looks like it's about to split wide open.

Stephanie said...

how sweet is that?! My little girl starts her first dance class TOMORROW and I'm so excited! :)