Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Grandma Jones








Inez Jones


Retired from Oxford Ind.
Inez Robinson Jones, 78, of 2389 Love Springs Road, went home to be with the Lord on Tuesday, May 20, 2008, at her residence.
Born in Gaston County, N.C., she was the widow of James (Jimmy) Pinkney Jones and daughter of the late Thomas Robert Robinson and Virgie Holcomb Robinson. Mrs. Jones was retired from Oxford Industries and was a member of West End Baptist Church.
She is survived by four sons, Rodney Jones and wife, Anne, of Alabama, Gary Jones and wife, Michelle, of Gaffney, Tom Jones and wife, Kaye, of Columbia, and Marshall Jones and wife, Lori, also of Gaffney; a daughter, Sonya Holder and husband, Jim, of Gaffney; four brothers, Tom Robinson, Mickey Robinson and wife, Annie Laura, and Ray Robinson and wife, Rachel, all of Gastonia, N.C., and Barry Robinson and wife, Diane, of Clover; three sisters, Marie Bean and husband, Harry, of Grover, N.C., Brenda Sipes and husband, Bill, of Kings Mountain, N.C., and Emogene Arrowood and husband, Michael, of Aiken; 13 grandchildren and eight greatgrandchildren.
The family will receive friends Thursday, May 22, from 12:30-1:30 p.m. at Blakely Funeral Home. Services will follow at 2 p.m. in Blakely Funeral Home Chapel, conducted by the Revs. Gene Daggerhart and James E. Holder. Interment will follow in Frederick Memorial Gardens.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to West End Baptist Church, 400 Overbrook Drive, Gaffney, S.C. 29341; or to Interim Hospice, 775 Spartan Boulevard, Suite 1, Spartanburg, S.C. 29301.
The family will be at her residence.
A special thanks is extended to Tina and David Holder.




My Grandmother (my dad's momma) passed away last week. I was not surprised to get the call, but it is still hard. Grandma was just so special to so many people. Before my grandfather died she did EVERYTHING for him. It was so neat to be at their little country house and watch their daily routine from breakfast all the way to bed time. They were just the sweetest little couple I have ever known. I hope that I can be as wonderful to Chris as she was to Grandpa. Wow, what a great example she was. I will miss her funny little personality so much. The things she would say were just hillarious! One of my favorites was "Bless his heart-he must have been hiding behind the door when good looks were handed out!" I have so many memories of spending several weeks during the summer in South Carolina with all my grandparents. She was the last of them to die and sadly, I feel like things are just kind of left there in SC. It's just wierd- I don't know how to explain it. You know-grandparents are just what holds big families together and when they are gone it is just different. Sydney really loved Grandma. Allthough she only saw her a couple of times a year she talked about her all the time. Everytime we went to the beach she would collect sea shells for Grandma Jones because she knew that she was not able to go to the beach. When I told her that she died she curled up in a little ball on the bed and said "Oh Momma, she was so nice to me and I didn't even get to tell her bye." Sydney loved talking to her on the phone.

The funeral was beautiful because at the graveside they released 4 doves and they were beautiful. My aunt wanted to do something special for the grandchildren. I'm so thankful for my family in SC who were able to take care of Grandma. Luckily, she never had to go into a nursing home or anything. I'm thankful of the knowledge that I have of the Gospel and I know that Grandma is in a better place. Sydney reminds me of that when I get sad. I'm thankful that I had Grandma in my life for almost 29 years. She was beautiful, smart, loving, caring, funny, and most of all hardworking. The pictures were taken at Grandma's house. I have so many memories of being on the front porch steps, on the swing, and in the back yard under the "vines"! The picture of Grandma and the kids was taken December '07.

I love you Grandma and you will be missed!

2 comments:

Cheyenne said...

I'm so sorry to hear about that! It seems that all of us have been attending a lot of funerals lately. It just reminds you that time marches on, I guess. Oh, does Mike take Sydney's picture? I think she's on the cover of one of his DVDs.

Mink News said...

I am sorry to hear about your grandma, but she seems great. I love your family picture. I miss you!!!!! I wish we could hang out! I know, I need to post pictures...but haven't taken any. Its seems weird to take a picture of just my house!!!