Monday, May 12, 2008

5K Fund Run

I know- I know it is hard to believe but I did not have my camera with me for this race!

This race was the 3rd of May. Woke up that morning and it was POURING down rain! Karrie and I were not sure if the race would be cancelled or not so we decided to go on out there. I dropped the kids off at Valoree's (thank you so much Valoree for keeping the kids EARLY on a Saturday morning!) and we headed out to DCH Northport. The race was on. It started about an hour late but luckily we didn't have to run in the rain at all. It was a tough course with a lot of hills! We finished at 30:45. The funny thing is that Karrie and I have finished together at the last two races and they always put me 1 or 2 seconds behind her and she has gotten 3rd place in our age group both times and they only acknowledge 1st-3rd place. So, poor me gets 4th place! I told Karrie I was going to trip her up next time so I could get a medal! I get the biggest rush when i finish the race! It is a really neat feeling of accomplishment! Dana M. and Meghan S. from church were there too. It was nice to hang out and talk to Dana. Karrie and I have decided to train for a half marathon. Last night we ran 5 miles and that is the most I have ever ran at one time. I have to say I am proud of myself! Sorry for the bragging!

4 comments:

Meghan said...

You are allowed to pat yourself on the back once in a while. Good job!

Anonymous said...

Wow! A half marathon! You go girl!
Valoree

Adella and Dallas Skinner said...

Wow you are so awesome and in great shape. I am so proud of you. You have come a very long way.

Anonymous said...

training for a half marathon--you're awesome!! gosh, i struggle to do 30 minutes on my eliptical machine!
jenny